[Linphone-users] Enabling G729

From: andrewl733
Subject: [Linphone-users] Enabling G729
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:22:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I just installed Linphone in Ubuntu 12.10.  It works, but I'm trying to get the G729 codec to work. I downloaded the sourcecode tarball. I also installed "mediastreamer-dev" and "ortp", and when I ran configure, I saw the confirmation that mediastreamer was there.  When I built bcg729, indeed it seems the mediastreamer2 plugins got built -- they got installed at "/usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins".  However, Linphone doesn't seem to see them.

Do you have any idea whether "/usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins" is the correct place for the plugins to be installed on Ubuntu?   I have Googled this but I am not finding any hints.

It seems that at least SOME mediastreamer items are in a different location on Ubuntu.  For example:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmediastreamer.so.1

Regards,
Andrew