Re: [Linphone-users] Making calls with high resolution

From: Andrew Brager
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Making calls with high resolution
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 00:44:34 -0700

I don't know the answer to your question as I know nothing about linphone, however I do (or at least did) know C.

The proper way to do it would be to add
#define ENABLE_HD
probably the line right above "static MSVideoSizeDef" or if there's a section where other #define's live put it there.  Either way works fine.  Just make sure it's in the first column same as the #ifdef.

(And put the #ifdef / #endif back exactly the way you found it.)

If you look through the code you might find other instances of #ifdef ENABLE_HD in which case I wouldn't be surprised if the above fixes your problem.  An alternative way to do the same thing is to put -DENABLE_HD in the compile line. (Do it one way or the other, not both.) There may be an option to turn that on in the config and/or make file.  I'd poke around there first as that's usually the way it's done by experts - but not always.

For the record, I've never even looked at linphone source code once... but that's typically the way things are done in that universe.  Your mileage may vary.