[Linphone-users] Picture borders seen in a conference

From: AUBRY, JEAN-CHRISTOPHE (JEAN-CHRISTOPHE)
Subject: [Linphone-users] Picture borders seen in a conference
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:09:36 +0200

Hello all,

I try to use linphones (3.5.2) in a video conference. The phone may be connected to other softphones (an eyebeam in the foolowing case).
Running H264 video, linphones send 352x288 video and eyebeam sends 320x240 video. The wide/heigh ration is 1,22 for linphones and 1.33 for eyebeam.

When a linphone receives pictures from other linphones, all is OK
When a linphone receives first pictures from the eybeam, there are 2 back borders (top and bottom). I beleive it is the way the linphone manages such differences of wide/heigh ration.
When a linphone receives first pictures from another linphone, and then switches to an eyebeam, the middle of the screen is correct and the 2 borders (black in the previous case) display the last picture from the previous phone (linphone). My feeling is it would be better the borders become black.
Have somebody experienced it? Did somebody try to suppress such borders and how did you do?

Thanks for your informations
Jean-Christophe Aubry