[Linphone-users] Using Linphone for Android with a Fritz!Box router

From: Hoshpak
Subject: [Linphone-users] Using Linphone for Android with a Fritz!Box router
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:02:35 +0200

Hi,

Currently I am trying to use my Android phone (Xperia Mini Pro with CM
7.3 / Android 2.3.7) to connect to my home router (AVM Fritz!Box 7360
SL) which provides a SIP server. I set up the server in the web
interface and entered the login details as defined there in the Linphone
Android App.

The App is able to connect successfully to the router and even initiates
and receives phone calls. However, once the phone call is initiated, I
am unable to speak, it seems the audio stream isn't transmitted and I
neither hear the person on the other side nor is he able to hear me.

I found a thread on a German forum
(http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/showthread.php?t=236134) which explains
that the the problem is probably that Linphone uses the NAT IP address
of the mobile connections in the headers and thus the connection fails.
I cannot check if this is actually true or if there is some other problem.

As describe in the thread, SipDroid works with the same data out of the
box, but it isn't integrated into the system as well as Linphone is. Is
this a known issue or is there any way to work around these problems and
use Linphone in this kind of setup? (router on a local network)

Kind Regards
Helmut