[Linphone-users] LINPHONE-NOX : Is SIP NAT/Firewall traversal like Skype

From: patrick295767 patrick295767
Subject: [Linphone-users] LINPHONE-NOX : Is SIP NAT/Firewall traversal like Skype ?
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:15:39 +0200

Hi Linphone Users,

I read on Wikipedia that SIP at the port 5060 is made to be NAT traversal.

If we look Skype, it is a very beautiful application. It allows you to chat without modifying your Firewall, and it allows you to keep a high security if you desire. You mostly do not block Skype changing "ports" on your NAT or router.

I would like to ask whether Linphone could be NAT traversal like EKIGA or SKYPE do.

This would be so great.

Is there still users using Linphone-nox with Debian and having it really working ? Can it work without changing the router like Skype do ?

thank you !

Kind regards
Pat