Re: [Linphone-users] audio jitters on Linphone Android

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] audio jitters on Linphone Android
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:47:36 +0200

On Thu, 24 May 2012 17:41:43 +0200, Liviu Andronic <address@hidden> wrote:
I tested today Linphone Android on 3G and I get significant audio jitter when calling address@hidden, especially in the first 7sec or so. I tried to compare it with another softphone, MizuDroid, on the same 3G network, with (apparently) similar settings and using the same codec (I tried sequentially GSM, PCMU, Speex narrowband), and there are no (or much fewer) jitters.

After more testing, I still get jitters even when using a wifi connection, irrespective of selected codec. When I use MizuDroid with 'optimal' codec (I'm still trying to find out what that is [1]), either on 3G or on wifi, I am getting no (or very, very little) jitters.

I'm using a SE Xperia X10 device.

Liviu

[1] http://www.mizu-voip.com/Support/Forum/tabid/92/forumid/8/threadid/211/scope/posts/Default.aspx