[Linphone-users] request: multiple accounts in Linphone Android

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: [Linphone-users] request: multiple accounts in Linphone Android
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 13:56:09 +0200

Dear developers
Would it be possible to support multiple accounts in the Android version of Linphone?

For instance, I have a 'sipgate', a 'future-nine' and several free accounts including 'linphone', 'iptel' and 'antisip'. As far as I'm concerned typing on an Android phone is a pain, and I'm usually finding myself in a position where instead of typing the account details (to switch to a different account) I'd rather not use Linphone Android at all. Take this use case: I use 'iptel' to test the 3G connection by making an 'echo' call; then I'm switching to 'future-nine' account but soon run out of credit; then I need to switch to 'sipgate' where I still have credit. For me typing in all these account details represents Android horror.

So, would you consider allowing the use of multiple simultaneous accounts in the Android client? Alternatively, would it be possible to allow storing multiple accounts, but use only one at a time: switching from one to another would be a simple matter of choosing the desired account in the Settings.

Regards
Liviu