[Linphone-users] Is it possible to set ToS of outgoing packets with linp

From: Nitendra Tripathi
Subject: [Linphone-users] Is it possible to set ToS of outgoing packets with linphone softphone.
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:19:34 +0530 (IST)

Dear linphone-users/developers,

we are using linphone(3.5.2) for video calling with asterisk in ubuntu.
most of the things work well,   except the setting the ToS (type of service) to the
ip packets originating from the  linphone.

Our asterisk server is configured to set the appropriate tos to the ip packets and those
tos are visible in the traffic from sip server to linphone through the tcpdump tool,
but the packets which are going from linphone to the sip server(asterisk) have  the
default tos (i.e. 0x0) only. however some initial signaling packets from linphone that have
tos with them but the subsequent data packets have only default tos with them.

we want to set the tos to the packets so that these audio/video packets can be prioritized
in network traffic in MPLS. We intent to set the MPLS CoS based on the ToS in IP header.

We would also like to mention that when the softphone (linphone) is replaced with a
hardphone (grandstream) the packets do bear the ToS in the same configuration.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regds
Nitendra Tripathi
Software Development Deptt.