Re: [Linphone-users] zrtp for the iPhone?

From: Curtis
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] zrtp for the iPhone?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:31:54 -0800

Thanks for the quick response, Jehan.

Just for fun, I downloaded the iPhone source via git -- but I
unfortunately don't have an Apple dev kit (nor a Mac!) to build it.  I
see that there is a folder of zrtp-related files in
submodules/externals/zrtpcpp, and that the linphonerc file contains
"media_encryption=zrtp" so I'm convinced that zrtp is in there somewhere!

When will the zrtp-enabled Linphone binary be available to download?  Is
it possible for me to manually install onto my iPhone a binary that you
have built (e.g via scp/ssh or a .deb package)?  If I don't have an IOS
development environment on a Mac, do I have any alternative to just
waiting for an updated Linphone app from the iTunes store?

(I apologise if my questions are quite basic.  I am familiar with
building & using open-source projects on Linux, but I am not familiar
with how iTunes-available open-source projects are distributed on a
tightly-controlled platform like IOS.  Do all beta-testers need to have
their own IOS development environment?  Would you ever consider making
beta versions of the app available through Cydia?)

Thanks,
Curtis.

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:16:30 +0100
From: Jehan Monnier

Hello,

Latest Linphone from git does support zrtp on IOS.
See readme file.

Cheers

Jehan
www.linphone.org

Le 5 mars 2012 ? 23:50, Curtis a ?crit :