[Linphone-users] Keypad on a Video Call

From: John Hermanski
Subject: [Linphone-users] Keypad on a Video Call
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:17:51 -0500

Hi,

I just gave version iPhone 1.1 a try.  It did a very nice job video-wise, providing good quality video (H.264)  when calling into our Asterisk-compatible media server, Diastar.  (www.projectdiastar.org)   This was in both directions – playing a video clip or menu, and engaging in a video conference.  AT&T 3G worked as well as a local wifi connection.

One serious flaw, however.  I was not able to bring up a keypad during a video call.  Other SIP video iPhone apps(Vippie, Bria)  have some way to overlay a semi-transparent keypad on the video screen during the call so that DTMFs can be sent.  This is critical in using any sort of Interactive Voice/Video Response (IVVR)  kind of application.

Is there any way to do this, or is it just not possible when doing a video call?

Thanks,

John