[Linphone-users] Linphone 3.4.1 on iPhone disconnects on standby

From: David
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.4.1 on iPhone disconnects on standby
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:20:30 -0400

Hey all!

A friend of my installed "SIP Fone" on his Apple iPhone, it looks like it's actually Linphone 3.4.1.

As soon as his phone goes into standby, the phone stops responding to the server. I did some packet tracing, the server is sending an OPTION packet every 15 seconds and the phone is answering with an OK.

Trouble is when the phone goes into standby, it stops answering the OPTION packets, it doesn't answer INVITE either. When the phone comes back out of standby, it registers again as it if were a brand new connection.

What's weird is both skype and cell phone calls ring through, but the SIP Fone stops working as soon as it goes into standby.

( Standby might be the wrong word, it goes into this mode when he doesn't use the phone for a while or press the small button on the top of the phone ).

What do I do?

Thanks,

David