Re: [Linphone-users] New codecs

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] New codecs
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:32:14 +0200

Hi,

Le 28 juin 2011 à 13:01, Mastervoice Developers Team a écrit :

I'm sorry to contradict you, but here:

http://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/news/linphone-for-blackberry.html

it is said clearly that "Linphone on BB only support AMR-NB because on BB 0S 5, it's the only available codecs with real time capabilities."
We would love to add g711, but so far we are not aware of any way to have G711 in a real time manner on a BB device.

And, by the way, we have tested it before posting here and verified that on G711 is not working.

So, the questions remains:

Is there a plan to add support on these codecs for blackberry?
No
If not, is there the possibility to add it with and adequate bounty?
Our recommendation is to use a server based transcoder.

regards,
Simone

Jehan