Re: [Linphone-users] How to sync contact list?

From: Maxim Podbereznyy
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] How to sync contact list?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 19:50:39 +0400

I use XML to store the Address Book

2011/5/17 Alastair Johnson <address@hidden>
I suggest one, other or preferably both of:
1 - Use a basic format that EDS, Akonadi, OpenSync and other sync tools can
already understand. Such a format should already have libs available to make
using it simple and robust. vCard 3.0 with the X-SIP extended attribute is my
best guess for this.
2 - Make it plugable. People can add support for other backends if they don't
like your choice(s), or you can add them as demand appears.

Whatever the individual merits of Akonadi, EDS, CouchDB/desktopcouch, Google
and so on, none are suitable for all situations where linphone might be
deployed.