Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iPhone still not working

From: jehan monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone on iPhone still not working
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 09:45:50 +0200

Hi Bill,
The fix is scheduled for 1.0.5 which should be published in the coming days or weeks.
Cheers

--
Jehan
www.linphone.org

2011/5/1 Bill Burns <address@hidden>
On 4/28/2011 5:49 PM, Bill Burns wrote:

Thanks, Jehan.  Unfortunately, my SIP company (Phone Power) provides
only the IP address of their proxy server, 208.64.8.6, and the only name
I can find associated with this is netblock-208-64-8-6.net.phonepower.com

When I enter that as the proxy server in Linphone, I still get the "no
network connection" message.

Following up on this, Phone Power has not so far provided a domain name and will very likely not be interested in doing this at all, as they're writing their own iPhone app.

I did try creating "pplinsip.dyndns.org" and pointing it to the proxy IP, but while this at least shows some connection activity, the call fails with the error message "Registration on sip:pplinsip.dyndns.org failed: no response timeout".

It would be really helpful, Jehan, if you could just restore the functionality of 1.0.3, where the IP worked fine for the proxy setting.

--
Bill