Re: [Linphone-users] tcp transport already in use

From: Julien Garet
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] tcp transport already in use
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:24:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
De: "Liviu Andronic" <address@hidden>
À: address@hidden, "Alastair Johnson" <address@hidden>
Envoyé: Mercredi 30 Mars 2011 09:48:23

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:49:25 +0200, Alastair Johnson
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I experienced it on both 3.4.1 and 3.4.2. I'm very surprised at what
>> happens because with the same build (3.4.1) it was working fine up
>> until a
>> system reboot.
>
> So what changed before the reboot? Has there been an update to one of the
> security-related packages that is preventing linphone getting access to
> the
> port?

It's hard to say. I performed this update of a big number of packages in
two times (separated by a month or so), in which time I kept suspending
the netbook. From the recent updates, I can single out two:
libk5crypto3
openssh-client

Could this have affected linphone?

I've just tried 3.4.3 and with a clean profile it still complains of the
following:
"Could not start UDP transport on port 5060, maybe this port is already
used."

Then, in the debug window, I get these:
"message: Local interface to reach [ip] is [ip].
error: eXosip: cannot build REGISTER!
error: Could not build initial register.
error: eXosip: cannot send message (cannot build PUBLISH)!
warning: Failed to build publish request."

@Julien: what system do you use?
I am using an ubuntu 10.04.2, i386 system. It still complains with 3.4.3.

here is an extract of the execution of linphone with the --verbose switch.
linphone-message : DNS resolution with 0.0.0.0:5060
linphone-message : getaddrinfo returned the following addresses:
linphone-message : 0.0.0.0 port 5060
linphone-error : eXosip: already listening somewhere
linphone-warning : Could not start TCP transport on port 5060, maybe this port is already used.
linphone-message : eXosip: Reseting timer to 10s before waking up!

Regards,

Julien Garet

Regards
Liviu