Re: [Linphone-users] tcp transport already in use

From: Liviu Andronic
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] tcp transport already in use
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:48:23 +0200

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:49:25 +0200, Alastair Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
I experienced it on both 3.4.1 and 3.4.2. I'm very surprised at what
happens because with the same build (3.4.1) it was working fine up until a
system reboot.

So what changed before the reboot? Has there been an update to one of the
security-related packages that is preventing linphone getting access to the
port?

It's hard to say. I performed this update of a big number of packages in two times (separated by a month or so), in which time I kept suspending the netbook. From the recent updates, I can single out two:
libk5crypto3
openssh-client

Could this have affected linphone?

I've just tried 3.4.3 and with a clean profile it still complains of the following: "Could not start UDP transport on port 5060, maybe this port is already used."

Then, in the debug window, I get these:
"message: Local interface to reach [ip] is [ip].
error: eXosip: cannot build REGISTER!
error: Could not build initial register.
error: eXosip: cannot send message (cannot build PUBLISH)!
warning: Failed to build publish request."

@Julien: what system do you use?

Regards
Liviu