Re: [Linphone-users] video troubles: sip number to test video?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] video troubles: sip number to test video?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:48:57 +0100

Hi,

I analyzed the log and I noticed two things:

- you set an upload bandwidth limit to 128kb/s (kilo bits per seconds),
which corresponds to the 15KB (kilo bytes) you are observing
- however despite of that you have a significant packet loss rate, as
shown in the statistics, as well as late packets:

linphone-message :  number of rtp packet sent=5857
linphone-message :  number of rtp bytes sent=183710 bytes
linphone-message :  number of rtp packet received=5705
linphone-message :  number of rtp bytes received=165029 bytes
linphone-message :  number of incoming rtp bytes successfully delivered
to the application=160699
linphone-message :  number of times the application queried a packet
that didn't exist=11717
linphone-message :  number of rtp packet lost=128
linphone-message :  number of rtp packets received too late=150
linphone-message :  number of bad formatted rtp packets=0

Which is unfortunately usual with wifi, depending on the signal
receiving conditions.

Packet losses in audio disturb a lot echo cancellers.

So if you are sure you have the bandwidth for, you can increase the
upload bandwidth limit in the codec tab of the settings, which will
result in better quality.

Simon