[Linphone-users] Re: Garbled, digital audio on embedded linux (gumstix)

From: John Swarbrick
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Garbled, digital audio on embedded linux (gumstix)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:34:06 +0000 (GMT)

I've found that recording to file and then playing the file back with aplay
produces decent audio.

So I'm only getting garbled audio when linphone tries to play direct through
the ALSA soundcard.

When I startup linphonec, it prints this message:

address@hidden:~# linphonec -a
ALSA lib conf.c:4600:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:902:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
Ready
Warning: video is disabled in linphonec, use -V or -C or -D to enable.
linphonec> Registration on sip:asterisk successful.

Does this indicate the problem? Is there anything else I can do to debug this?

Thanks,

John