Re: [Linphone-users] Huge delay between 100 Trying and 180 Ringing

From: s . maertens
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Huge delay between 100 Trying and 180 Ringing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:29:25 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have found the reason for the delay.
It seems in between those two packets the hardware device is doing some DNS Query. There were two DNS servers available for the network but the first one didn't answer his DNS query. So after that request timed out, the second DNS server was used, gave the answer and the packet was sent out.

I don't know if this is due to altered code of the manufacturer or standard linphone source.

Thank you for your answer Jehan.

Best regards

Stefaan

----- Originele e-mail -----