[Linphone-users] Linphone-iphone bugs

From: Simon Vetter
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone-iphone bugs
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:21:17 +0100

Hi,

It looks like linphone keeps crashing on startup on my iphone 3GS (iOS 4.1, stock Apple firmware, not jailbroken). Steps to reproduce : with background mode disabled, start linphone, wait for it to register, make a call or just quit it by pressing the home button. Now restart it. The app will show up for half a second then disappear (crash) and must be restarted once again.

When crashing, the call log isn't saved, preventing the user to redial quickly.

I tried various tricks like removing and re-adding the app and playing with config options but nothing worked. As the debug log isn't saved between sessions, I can't provide any further details.

Also, I couldn't get the iphone version to talk to an ipv6 sip server, although iOS has been ipv6 enabled since version 4. It's not even looking for AAAA records in the DNS.
Could you enable ipv6 in the configure script for next builds?

Thanks,