[Linphone-users] h264 plugin on Ubuntu Karmic

From: M. D.
Subject: [Linphone-users] h264 plugin on Ubuntu Karmic
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:07:51 -0500

Hello all,

I am trying to get the msx264 plugin to work with linphone. I am running
linphone (latest from git) on Ubuntu Karmic.  I have tried both version
1.3.3 and the git repository of the msx264 plugin.  Both failed to
compile out of the box since the system x264 library included with
Karmic was too old.

I pulled the latest x264 code from their git repository and built it.
That also required an update to ffmpeg, so I also install version 0.6.1.

Both msx264 1.3.3 and the git version successfully compiled, however,
when I try to use it, I get a segfault in:

x264_adaptive_quant_frame

of the x264 library.

Any ideas?  Is there a recommended version of ffmpeg and the x264
library to build against?

Thanks,
M. D.