[Linphone-users] How to specify audio device channel

From: Stockemer ERECA
Subject: [Linphone-users] How to specify audio device channel
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:51:04 +0200

We have a multi-channel audio card and we would like to specify which input & output channel that Linphone should use.

With Linphone, we have tried this :
"alsadev=plughw:0
playback_dev_id=6"
but the "playback_dev_id" parameter is always overwritten with "ALSA: default device" when launching Linphone

Note : with aplay command, we can play a sound with this command :
aplay -D plughw:0,6 ringback.wav

We also tried to create link to the device in the ALSA configuration file (/etc/asound.conf) :
pcm.output_way_6 {
    type hw
    card 0
    device 6
}

Then we tried to use this "output_way_6" pseudo device in linphone config file ("playback_dev_id=ouptut_way_6") with no more success.

Could you tell us how to proceed ?
(we use Linphone 3.0.0 running on uClinux)

Thanks for your time, Best regards, Olivier.