Re: [Linphone-users] Echo cancellation on linphone 3.3.2

From: Maris
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Echo cancellation on linphone 3.3.2
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:45:04 +0200

Well, try with delay 200, tail 150 (ms) and framesize 128 is default and OK. You can specify these parameters in .linphonerc The delay is most subject to experimentation, because it not only compensates for the audio path delay, but primarily the buffer delays from speaker output and mic input.

You can also keep top -d1 running in another terminal window and watch if CPU usage increases drastically when echo cancellation is on. Please report these figures! (ARM and MX27) - thanks.

-Rob

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on my ARM-based devices!
I hope to find a solution for that problem, too!

Regards,
-Simon.

Jordi Pradas wrote:
Hi,

I'am working with linphone version 3.3.2 over a freescale MX27 and I need to
activate the echo cancellation.

Linphonec has the 'ec' option to enable it, and it needs delay, tail and
framesize parameters. I'm using delay=0,tail=16,framesize=128.

Echo cancellation doesn't work porperly (It seems like it was disabled)

Does somebody know the default values for the echo cancellor ?

Regards