[Linphone-users] linphonecsh: Failed to connect pipe

From: Simon Seif
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphonecsh: Failed to connect pipe
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 12:24:21 +0200

Hello everyone,

I want to use linphone from a python-script that will be called from
apache (i.e. http://.../cgi-bin/script.py?number=123456).
Unfortunately I get this error, when I try to call the linphonecsh
with wwwrun-privileges.

$ sudo -u sudo -u wwwrun /usr/local/bin/linphonecsh init
Works fine and the demon is started.

$ sudo -u wwwrun /usr/local/bin/linphonecsh register --host <host>
--username <username> --password <password>
ERROR: Failed to connect pipe: Connection refused

Running the same as root works fine.
Obviously this is a permission's problem.

Any ideas what groups/file-permissions are necessary to run linphonec(sh)?

BR
Simon Seif