Re: [Linphone-users] How to compile Linphone 3.31

From: Jakob Rau
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] How to compile Linphone 3.31
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:02:52 +0200

You are trying to compile on Ubuntu 10.04, right? You need to install
the build-dependencies for linphone first.

1.) Go to System -> Software package sources
2.) Tick the box for "source code", the close and reload
3.) Do "sudo apt-get build-dep linphone"
4.) Open a terminal, go to the linphone dir and do "./configure" and
"make"
5.) linphone compiles (sudo make install doesn't work properly for me
though, when I start linphone after installing it just says "linphone-3:
error while loading shared libraries: libortp.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory".
6.) Anyway, you can start it from the directory using
"glade-gtk/./linphone-3"

Have fun,
Tanzbaer.