[Linphone-users] Simplify Phone Number Input: LP must build automaticall

From: Garry Tristan
Subject: [Linphone-users] Simplify Phone Number Input: LP must build automatically SIP address
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:45:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Using Linphone 3.21 on Ubuntu 10.04 x64.

If I want to call a number. I either have to create a new entry in Contact List or typing sip:address@hidden in the input box name "SIP Address or Phone Number" (on the top of the main Linphone screen).

It is too complicate. It would be simpler to just input a phone number and the user just click the call button. Linphone will manage to build a valid SIP address out of the phone number. If there are several SIP accounts, then supply a drop down or checkbox to select the account to be used.

This feature is particular useful when you need to call a number but you don't want to create a permanent entry in the Contact List (especially with the messy way Linphone manages its contact list).

Hope this is doable.

Regards,
Garry