Re: [Linphone-users] Sound dies in Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit using headset

From: Dragos D
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Sound dies in Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit using headset
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:26:14 -0400

What is you message log in Linphone?

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Mark Hegstrom <address@hidden> wrote:
I thought this only a Skype problem so I switched to Linphone and I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm using a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.  I was having same problem with pulse audio so I did a purge of all pulse audio (just using alsa).    Same problem.     I am using a Microsoft LifeChat VX300 USB Headset.  (Internal Soundcard is a Realtek) Using my headset I can make a call fine and have no audio problems, however after anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes into the call my audio dies completely.   The only way to recover or get my sound back is to reboot the computer.   This used to work in Ubunt 9.10 32 bit, but ever since I moved to 9.10 64bit and now 10.04 64 bit It doesn't work (everything works wonder in M$).     I was cursing skype up and down, and now it is happening with Linphone, so must be Ubuntu 64 bit maybe?    Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.