Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Bluetooth headset

From: Alastair Johnson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Bluetooth headset
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:56:33 +0100

On Saturday 15 May 2010, Grant wrote:

> >> No ideas on this at all?  Is anyone using linphone with a bluetooth
> >>  headset?
> >
> > The little experience I have with bluetooth headsets is on Openmoko, and
> > that has unusual bluetooth audio routing. I have 'profile "auto"' after
> > the 'device' line in asound.conf but I don't know if it's necessary. I
> > haven't tried it with linphone yet.
> >
> > The errors look like driver errors. I don't know what linphone might be
> > doing to provoke them though.
>
> The bluetooth headset works perfectly in skype so it's definitely a
> linphone issue.  Any other ideas on this?

You're assuming they have identical access patterns. Say the driver advertises
two sample rates, but only supports one of them. Skype requests the working
one, and linphone requests the broken one. Skype works, linphone doesn't, but
the bug is in the driver. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but the
messages you report are at the driver level. We don't have evidence yet to
show whether linphone is causing this by behaving incorrectly, or whether it
is doing everything as it should but in an unusual way that provokes a bug in
the driver.