Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.2.99.4

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 3.2.99.4
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:08:30 +0100

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:37:59 +0200
address@hidden wrote:
> I downloaded the tarball and compiled on a Linux Debian Squeeze box.
>
> Good news:
> Linphone-3 is able to register to ekiga.net, I call address@hidden I
> am called back by address@hidden, so I assume that Linphone-3 is able
> to call and receive calls.
>
> Bad news:
> I have no voice audio. I am pretty sure the audio setup of this Linux
> box is OK since Twinkle and Ekiga work properly and I can hear the
> ring of Linphone when I am called back and when I test the ring from
> Preferences - Multimedia settings. I tried to fiddle whith the codec
> priorities (this had been succesful with version 3.2.1) but with no
> success. Is there some way to trouleshoot this problem?

For me, with linphone-3.2.99.4 I can receive audio OK from most sites,
but oddly not from address@hidden (although it will register with
ekiga.net).  However, no audio is sent, whatever provider I am
registered with.

This is with a set-up which does not use pulseaudio.  I have not tried
to see what happens if pulseaudio is installed.

linphone-3.2.1 works fine, although it will not connect with ekiga.net.

Chris