[Linphone-users] Re: Voice mail feature

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Voice mail feature
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:36:13 +0000 (UTC)

On 2010-03-18, Jan Dolecek <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think it's really better letting asterisk to do the voicemail. When trying
> to have voice mail in voip client, you would need to have it online all the
> time. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to accept incoming call nor recording
> it.
> What would you like voice mail on linphone for? Isn't a asterisk voicemail
> better solution for you? If you have good arguments, you may convince others
> to implement it.

I think he asked for voice mail alert on linphone.

I have experience with Asterisk and Optipoint (hardware phone by
Siemens). These two works very well. The client must subscribe for voice
mail alerts and then server notifies the client. E.g. the Optipoint
starts blinking and user can press designited button to call voice mail
box in turn.

AFAIK, Linphone does not support this feature.

-- Petr