Re: [Linphone-users] Voice mail feature

From: Jan Dolecek
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Voice mail feature
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:09:34 +0100

I think it's really better letting asterisk to do the voicemail. When trying to have voice mail in voip client, you would need to have it online all the time. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to accept incoming call nor recording it.
What would you like voice mail on linphone for? Isn't a asterisk voicemail better solution for you? If you have good arguments, you may convince others to implement it.

regards,
juzna

On 2010-03-18 18:56, Venu Vemulapally wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>      Is the Linphone has the voice mail feature ? If so could you
> please suggest me how to enable voice mail feature with linphone .

I'm pretty certain that Linphone per se does not have a voice mail
feature. This function is normally left to the PBX and can routinely be
found in products such as Asterisk, etc..

Kind regards,

Bent