Re: [Linphone-users] Q: failed to connect with SIP account

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Q: failed to connect with SIP account
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:17:32 +0100

Hi Antonio,

I think the standart is unclear on this point. SIP was originally made
by people who intentionnaly or not forget everything about the
firewall's problems. Then other RFCs or draft have been added to find
some sort of workarounds, but I'm personnaly not happy with all this.

Feel free to ask Ekiga's authors about their opinions on this problem.
First ask them to confirm that the server's error message is due to the
private IP address linphone is setting the Contact header, which is the
only reason I could found.

Simon