[Linphone-users] Q: failed to connect with SIP account

From: palama
Subject: [Linphone-users] Q: failed to connect with SIP account
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:35:23 +0100

I have exactly the same problem Thomas has.

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:58:16 +0100
Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ekiga servers refuse SIP contact headers with private addresses.

Could you clarify this point? I still am not able to understand why Twinkle
registers to ekiga.net without problems while Linphone is not able to do it.

> My recommendation is not to use ekiga infrastructure with linphone. The
> reason why they reject is probably that they want to have a SIP network
> that works with ekiga, not other phones.

The ekiga server works with a number of other phones, i tested Twinkle and
Telephone (on MacOSX) myself and am told that Xlite works too.
Did anybody talk to the ekiga development team to try to solve this issue? I
belive that interoperability is a common goal of Linphone and Ekiga (and all
other phones using the sip protocol).

Best regards,

Antonio