[Linphone-users] NEED HELP! Video Problem Using Linphone

From: Vanessa Gonzalez
Subject: [Linphone-users] NEED HELP! Video Problem Using Linphone
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:06:46 +1930

Hello to all!

I am a Venezuelan Student, working on a project for my Telematic class which consist in building a Video Conference system using Trixbox as a server, and softphones as clients.  What I am aimming is to make calls from Windows OS computers to Linux or Debian based computers, through my Trixbox Server.  Because of this, I had two choices of softphones: Ekiga and Linphone, because of the OS interoperability.   In Windows OS, both softphones work perfectly (although Ekiga sometimes crashes).  But when i try to start them on Debian Lenny 5.0, Canaima and Ubuntu O.S 's , the video does not shows.
With the Softphone Linphone, the program recognizes the camera and even lits the camera's light, but no video is show, not even local video.  I only get a dull green screen. The calls get through and all, but there is no video.
With the Ekiga Softphone, as soon as I start it, it shows me a message saying that it cant recognize the device: Error Trying to open device CNF7041.
The funny thing is that the camera actually works with programs like Web Cheese and XawTv , which makes me furious and shows that the Camera is Debian compatible

I am new at the amazing Linux World, and this project is a graduation requiremente, so I would really apreciate if someone could help me with this, giving me a very understandable answer for a mortal like me (for dummies).  I have tried so much and I keep getting really frustrated.

Thank you so much for your attention, I really Apreciate it (and sorry for my english too!)............................................................................................................Vane!