Re: [Linphone-users] where does this »received« come from?

From: Lars Täuber
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] where does this »received« come from?
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:39:50 +0100

Hi Simon,

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:03:01 +0100 Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Where did you get this Via header from ?
> Wireshark, linphone logs, server logs ?

it came from »linphonec -d1« log.

> I would be suprised it is in linphone logs: received= is set by servers
> (or the UAS part of the client, but not for registers since linphone
> does accept incoming registers).

At the moment I have no access to the tersting machine, but I'll test again
with the registrar running on an different port. I suspect a transparent SIP
proxy from the ISP in between, who changes the addresses  silently.

I'll have a look with the kamailio running on a different port an report again.

> If it is in the server logs: it might be the server that adds it
> automatically to recall where to send the register's response back.
> If it is captured with wireshark running on the server's machine, then
> that would mean that there is some kind of poorly intelligent NAT
> between linphone and kamailio that is trying to make some SIP
> proxying....
> It arrives sometimes. sips (encrypted sip) would help in getting rid of
> these stupid nats, but it's not yet supported in linphone.

Is this on the todo list for the near future? BTW what about encrypted RTP?

Best regards
Lars