[Linphone-users] Suggestion for changes to the configure script

From: Bent Bagger
Subject: [Linphone-users] Suggestion for changes to the configure script
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:44:20 +0100

Hi

During the build of Linphone 3.2.1 I encountered a small problem which I
think can occur for others and which can easily(?) be remedied.

Only by chance did I notice during the ./configure run that I was
missing the header files for libv4l. I run the process to the end and of
course got the green screen when I tried to switch to 'Audio + video'
mode. When I re-run the configure script and captured the output I found
these lines:

checking for LIBV4L2... no
libv4l2 not found
elif test yes = untried; then
        echo libv4l2 not found
checking for LIBV4L1... no
libv4l1 not found
elif test yes = untried; then
        echo libv4l1 not found

After installation of the appropriate header files the lines changed to:

checking for LIBV4L2... yes
libv4l2 found
checking for LIBV4L1... yes
libv4l1 found

It would be nice - and a great help to people like me - that the
configure script gave a summary of what was included and what was not.
As an example - if I may quote from a competitor - conf. this output
from the configure script for Ekiga:

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-avahi --disable-eds

================ Final configuration ===================
          Installing into prefix  :  /usr

                   GNOME support  :  disabled
                   GConf support  :  enabled
   Evolution-Data-Server support  :  disabled
                  NOTIFY support  :  disabled
                    LDAP support  :  enabled

                  XVideo support  :  enabled

                   H.323 support  :  yes
                     SIP support  :  yes

                    DBUS support  :  enabled
            DBUS service support  :  enabled
             mDNS/DNS-SD support  :  disabled
               GStreamer support  :  disabled
            KAddressBook support  :  disabled
                     KDE support  :  disabled
                    XCAP support  :  disabled

                         OS Type  :  linux-gnu
                    Machine Type  :  i686
                      Byte Order  :  little endian

 If all settings are OK, type make and make install

Respectfully submitted

Kind regards,

Bent