Re: [Linphone-users] linphone calls

From: Bent Bagger
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] linphone calls
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:30:42 +0200

Hi Luca

address@hidden wrote:
> I have two problems:
> - I make a call with linphone between two PCs, when filtering traffic
> with Wireshark I note that the packages are UDP and not RTP as I
> expect, what can I do to have RTP packets?
First of all RTP is carried over UDP, so there is no contradiction here.
You can do two things to see the RTP stream:

- You start Wireshark *before* you set up your call. Wireshark is clever
enough to deduce from the SIP - SIP/ SDP  packets that there will come
an RTP stream and decode it accordingly - or

- You click Analyze -> Decode As -> RTP in Wireshark. This will decode
the stream as desired.
> - How can I make two calls in parallel between two PCs? I tried using
> different ports but does not work.

To the best of my knowledge Linphone will only handle one call at a
time. If you try to run two incarnations of Linphone one of them will
probably not get access to the audio device ;-)

Kind regards,

Bent