[Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 getaddrinfo failure

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 getaddrinfo failure
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:13:29 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-07-22, Andrew Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
> Petr Pisar wrote:
>> On 2009-07-22, Petr Pisar <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> See the error code in parenthesis (11001). This value should be
>>> translated to human readable string by gai_strerror() as done in SVN
>>> HEAD source code. Probably your system C library does not implement
>>> fully this function. Dig into header files of your libc to get the
>>> meaning.
>>>
>>> Actually I see similar problem on Linux with Linphone-3.1.1 too. It does
>>> not translate the code. I will try to compile current code to resolve
>>> it.
>>>

>> So, the error code is not translated because libeXosip2-3.2.0 prints
>> number only. Code in SVN is fixed already.
>>
> Which library code is fixed?
libeXosip2

> Or an external library?
Source of libeXosip2 is distributed in separate tar ball. However the
code is stored in the same SVN repository as Linphone. Binary win32
Linphone bundles all libraries together probably.

> And what was fixed? Do you mean it was fixed to print the human readable
> error string?
Exactly.

> or to no longer cause an error at all?
I don't know. I tried to make call to the adresses provided on this
list and it worked. I tried to use domain name and IPv6 address and both
of them worked. I tested Linphone-3.1.1 and SVN HEAD version of
Linphone, both compiled against libeXosip2-3.2.0 and on Linux.

-- Petr