Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with private IP address and picky registrar

From: Christian Schäfer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problem with private IP address and picky registrars
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:58:29 -0400

Bent wrote:
registrar which seems picky about that. The error message is:
SIP/2.0 479 Please don't use private IP addresses
This is a known issue with some registrars.
I had this also with another voip software under Linux and I hoped that
Linphone behaves differently in such a scenario.
Does this sound familiar, did anyone experience the same?
Linphone (at least version 3.1.2) has the possibility to specify the
public IP address of a gateway. Look at the 'Network settings' tab
under 'Linphone -> Preferences'.

Yes this works. Thanks Bent. However since I'm connected through a DSL line, the public IP changes. So changing it every time in Linphone really is a pain. Is there no other way?

Chris