Re: [Linphone-users] Windows Linphone, VPN and Zfone

From: Enrique Otero
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Windows Linphone, VPN and Zfone
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:51:51 +0200

Hello everybody,

Previous versions of Linphone used eXosip_masquerade_contact(const char * public_address, int port) in order to fill the Contact field (when guest_hostname=0). This configuration only works if remote endpoint appears to be on a different LAN (as it is said in eXosip2 documentation). Thus it does not work with VPN .

However this bug is fixed on the Subversion repository (http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/linphone/?root=linphone) since revision 643, by calling the function:
   eXosip_set_option(EXOSIP_OPT_SET_IPV4_FOR_GATEWAY, my_real_ip_str);
that makes Linphone to work fine whatever are the values of the involved endpoint IPs.

I hope this information could help you.

Regards,
Enrique

Dr. C.E. Frieler escribió:

I have a dream of being able to communicate securely using the components listed in the subject. But I am having a bear of a time getting it to work. Everything was working between the two target laptops with Windows Linphone and Zfone while I was on a single LAN, even with the VPN active. Now that we are on different NAT'd subnets, I realize it was only working because it was bypassing the VPN. I need to understand how to configure the connections to use the VPN channel.

I uninstalled Zfone to reduce the complexity and set "hosts" entries and SIP identities on both systems to the best of my understanding. No Joy.....

Is there a "HowTo" somewhere that covers this?
Is there anyone that has gotten Linphone to work through a VPN?
If so, could you detail the steps? If the steps are for Linux, can someone map them onto the Windows interface and configuration options?

Thanks for the help, Cliff

Enrique Otero Muras
Departamento I+D
R&D Department