[Linphone-users] RTCP session managment using oRTP

From: José Manuel Peña Tienda
Subject: [Linphone-users] RTCP session managment using oRTP
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:12:05 +0200

Hi,

I’m working in the development of a QoS measurement system and now my task is how to implement a SIP User Agent client to manage SIP Sessions and to send RTP media. Also to calculate the QoS metrics I have to implement a RTCP session while media is being sent. I use libeXosip to implement the SIP dialogs and oRTP to send media and also to manage the RTCP packets flow.

The problems come using oRTP trying to send messages in response to the incomming RTCP messages. I know that the oRTP API documentation is very limited but also I know that the library offers the following facility (according to the linphone webpage): "RTCP messages sent periodically since 0.7.0 (compound packet including sender report or receiver report + SDES)".

I'd like to know if anybody has tried to build a RTCP packets exchange between a User Agent (self made) and an IP telephone, both registered i.e. in an Asterisk or OpenSER.

Is there any function to implement it automatically? I've been working hard on oRTP, but in this case I have no idea how to solve this problem.

I may post my code if that was helpfull or needed.

Thanks for advance,

José Manuel Peña