[Linphone-users] linphone v2.1.1 "Too Frequent Requests"

From: Kaushal Parikh
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone v2.1.1 "Too Frequent Requests"
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:08:57 +0530

Hello,

My PC is connected to internet via router with port restricted NAT. I
have a freeworlddialup (FWD) SIP address. I have setup linphone to use
STUN server (stun.fwdnet.net:3478) and linphone proxy settings uses
route (outbound proxy) of sip:fwdnat.pulver.com:5082.

I have complied and installed linphone v2.1.1 with libosip2 v3.1.0 and
libeXosip2 v3.1.0. Now, while trying to register to FWD, I get the
following error "SIP/2.0 600 Too Frequent Requests" from SIP server.

Issue is that I don't get this error if I use linphone v1.7.1 with
libosip2 v2.2.2 and linphone's eXosip version. Well I can continue
using v1.7.1, but would like to know what am I doing wrong with
v2.1.1. Note that I have tried v2.0.0 and it shows the same behaviour.

Another thing is that with v1.7.1, although I am able register and
make calls, I get timeout errors many times while registering. For
testing this behaviour I installed ekiga on my PC and under same
conditions and SIP settings, I don't get timeout errors. What could be
the difference here?

Thanks,

~ Kaushal