Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ADSL modem crash when using linphone-2.0.0
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:16:44 +0100

Le Saturday 15 December 2007 10:34:24 VoVaN, vous avez écrit :
> Simon,
>
> I've been using net-libs/libeXosip-3.0.3 with linphone 2.0.0 as well.
> Anyway, today I've decided to give one mote try to linphone 2.0.1. After a
> quick look as the source code, I removed new feature "let the user use
> custom alsa device within linphone" and 2.0.1 compiles just fine, BUT modem
> crashes all the time and linphone coan'be started at all :(.
> Which kind of log files I should provide in order to make this weired
> problem clear?

linphone --verbose
Is there any way for the modem to disable "those advanced routing features"
that seem to be quite unstable ? There should be a "direct mode" when your PC
is connected via ethernet or usb to the modem. In that case your PC has a
public IP address and no routing features are needed at the modem level.
The alsa problem is unexplained to me. It normally produces for people that do
not have alsa support, which does not seem to be your case as you say that
you have /usr/include/asoundlib/*.
I have solved it in CVS.

Simon