[Linphone-users] Birth of "Belledonne Communications" company to support

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] Birth of "Belledonne Communications" company to support linphone
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:39:21 +0100

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that I 've finally created a company
called "Belledonne Communications" (from the name of moutain not so far from
my home). This company will handle any commercial requests around linphone
and its components.
In the past, I often had to decline commercial offers from companies to
implement whatever feature in linphone, because I had no entity to receive
money (it would have been illegal). The creation of this company will allow
me to work and be paid legally for whatever customer request.

For those who worry, nothing changes concerning linphone licensing: it remains
GPL (LGPL for oRTP component), though commercial licenses can be purchased
for mediastreamer2 and oRTP components. Users are still welcome to provide
their feedbacks and whishes and they 'll be treated as before, I mean "best
effort".