Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Running linphonec as a daemon

From: Steve Steffler
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: Running linphonec as a daemon
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:03:20 -0600

On 2007-10-25, Steve Steffler <address@hidden> wrote:
Is it currently possible to tell linphonec to dial a call, hang up,
and terminate the program when the call is done, all from shell
scripts?

Look on my antient patches at [http://xpisar.wz.cz/linphone-ext/]. They
do what you want. But the functionality is not finished.

I remember I could click on sip: link in firefox, firefox called my bash
script, the script saved command and signaled to running linphonec and
finally, linphonec running in separate terminal started dialing the URI.

Thanks for the link -- although I am using Linphone 1.7.1 at the moment, they give me some ideas...

A friend of mine was playing around with modifying the Linphone code so that the command interface inside of the CLI version acted as a FIFO that you could write commands to from the bash shell just by talking to the UNIX socket in /tmp. It seemed to work well to a degree and also allowed for such things as DTMF codes to be entered during the call by the user without having to directly interact with linphonec. However, his patches only worked on 1.35, and we have a desire to use the newer linphone because it works much better as far as sound / call quality with our server than the 1.35 version did.

Steve