Re: [Linphone-users] Feature suggestion: "mute after terminate"

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Feature suggestion: "mute after terminate"
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:53:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand what your problem is.
Is the unpleasant feedback occuring outside calls ?
If yes I suggest that you simply turn off the microphone level of
the "playback menu" from an alsa-compatible mixer (such as alsamixer), and
just set the capture level from the "capture menu" to an acceptable value
(75%). The capture level is the only parameter important  to linphone, since
it controls the recording level of the microphone, while the first one
controls the amplification level of the microphone directly into the output
of the soundcard (=loudspeakers), which is useless at desk.
Let me know if I miss something in understanding your problem.
Simon