Re: [Linphone-users] About video

From: Conrad Beckert
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] About video
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:10:05 +0200

Hola Juanfran

> When i call the telephone, I can connect and the sound works perfect but
> there is no video between the application and my phone.
> After debugging with asterisk, I have seen that my telephone seems to use
> H263 as video codec, but linphone has H263p in its video codecs list. Is
> there any incompatibility between H263 and H263p? Coul I use an H263 codec
> with linphone?
Depends on what Asterisk version you have. I have a rather 1.2 version which
can do h263p. The key is to enable it. Check out my sip.conf

videosupport=yes                ; Turn on support for SIP video
;allow=all
disallow=all                    ; Windows Messenger will choose wrong codecs
;allow=speex                    ; mag Sipgate z.B. nicht, darum ausgeklammert
;allow=ilbc
allow=gsm       ; war aktiviert
allow=alaw      ; war aktiviert
allow=ulaw      ; war aktiviert   codec order is respected only in [general]
allow=h261
allow=h263
allow=h263p
;allow=h264

I have h263 and h263 enabled (and h261 for old Ekiga). Don't forget to turn
videosupport on.

Then it will work. Recent versions of Asterisk can convert theora and mpeg4
too but I havn't tested this yet.

Saludos desde Berlin :-)  Dime si tienes exito
Conrad