Re: [Linphone-users] Full-screen Support?

From: Emmanuel Frécon
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Full-screen Support?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:39:15 +0200

Simon Morlat wrote:
Hello,

full screen is unsupported.
Don't know if it is very useful : the picture size are CIF (352x288), for high speed connections, or QCIF (176x144) for mostly everyone connection (with 128kb of upload). Sizing such small video size to 1024x768 would probably make a poor rendering, what do you think ?

I am aware of the resolution dilemma here. However, you don't need to blow the video picture to the whole screen. Making it bigger (but not as big as the screen) is also a possible solution. Most of important of all, fullscreen mode takes over the whole screen (black background?) and thus the attention focus of the user so that only the picture of the remote partner is shown. From a user interface point-of-view, it is a great advantage, isn't it?

Simon