[Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 and eXosip_guess_ip_for_via()

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: IPv6 and eXosip_guess_ip_for_via()
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:18:21 +0000 (UTC)

On 2006-12-18, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually it is not trying to connect.  It just does a connect() system
> call on a udp socket to this ip address, which just has the effect of
> setting the local address of the socket. No packets are going to
> 2001:638:500:101:2e0:81ff:fe24:37c6.  This local address is then
> retrieved to be used in SIP and SDP messages.  The
> 2001:638:500:101:2e0:81ff:fe24:37c6 is actually a randomly choosen
> public IP address. The goal of this lookup is to find the local
> interface (ip address) that is able to communicate with the public
> internet.

Simon, I appriciate your effort to make linphone easy-to-use, but sometimes it
hurts. Like in this case. Let's say you have multihomed host or network
without default gateway. You can have thousand reasons why the "public"
IP is not reachable. And then linphone uses bad IP address.

Could you make this IP configurable per SIP proxy? Sure, you can keep
the autoguess functionality, but some override mechanism would be nice.

-- Petr