[Linphone-users] Codec matching ?

From: Laurent ISENEGGER
Subject: [Linphone-users] Codec matching ?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:49:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,

I currently try to establish a video communication between two PCs connected through a router without any internet access. One of the Pc is under Linux 2.6 with a fedora 5 distribution and is using linphone 1.5.0
the other PC is under windows XP, using eyebeam; both software support H.263+ . However, when i try to make the call, i hear the DTMF, then audio can be transmitted but when i try to turn on video, it s not working properly and no video are transmitted. I checked the SDP informations and the codec numbers for H263+ were different (98 for linphone, 103 for eyebeam) consequently, i tried to force the codec number to 103 in both sides. Then the codec numbers match in SDP but video is still not transmitted.
Any ideas about the origin of this issue and how to solve it ? Do you know a free software working under windows that allows a video communication with linphone ?

Laurent